Yomi Adegboye aka Mister Mobility (also fondly called Mr. Mo), is Nigeria’s pioneer and most respected gadget reviewer. Widely acclaimed as one of Nigeria’s most influential persons in digital media in Nigeria, Yomi Adegboye is a multiple award winning copywriter and digital media publisher, and an engaging speaker/trainer.
Yomi has more than 12 years’experience in web, mobile and digital media. After building a successful Nigerian webhost from scratch in the early 2000s, he founded Mobility Arena in 2008 (then called Mobility Nigeria) to share information from his experiences with various mobile devices (he has owned over 160 of them till date).
Yomi has been featured extensively in various print, web and broadcast (TV and radio) media in Nigeria and beyond. He has also spoken/featured at high profile mobile technology and entrepreneurship events across West Africa, including MobiFEST, West Africa Telecom Summit, and Mobile West Africa conference, where he has featured for five (5) consecutive years.
Yomi Adegboye today oversees a handful of leading digital media platforms that include:
Here are a few other highlights of his work:
- In 2011, he was listed as one of the most influential persons in technology in Nigeria by TechLoy.
- He has been on the Business Advisory Board of Enactus, University Of Lagos chapter since 2010. He was appointed President of the Board in August 2015.
- He co-hosted the hugely successful Karaoke With A Tweep 2012 event with Africa’s Tweet Queen, Kathleen Ndongmo
- Three-time YTech100 award winner: For three consecutive years running (2014, 2015, and 2016), he has been honoured by YNaija/Ndani TV as one of the 100 most innovative People in Nigeria’s Digital Tech/Media Eco-system.
- SMAA Nominee: In 2014, he was nominated for the Blogger Of The Year category in the Social Media Awards Africa.
- After a visit to Nigeria and meeting him, the world’s most influential expert in mobile, Tomi Ahonen says Yomi is “most definitely the coolest dude in mobile in the world”.
- Yomi is also founder of House Of Mo, an online general-purpose magazine.
- He is one of Nescafe Africa’s #GetStartedAfrica Influencers.
- He is an Ambassador of the 1Child1Book project, an initiative of Tosin Jegede Foundation.
- In April 2015 to June 2016, he was appointed as Managing Director of Celebrating Progress Africa (CPAfrica), a website that attracts millions of unique visitors from chronicling Africa’s business and technology progress.
- He served as a judge at the West African Mobile Awards (WAMAS) 2016
- He was appointed as an Advisory Board member of the Nigeria International Technology Exhibition and Conference (NITEC).
- Listed as one of a small class of super-gurus who really know the mobile industry and who tend to be known – and trusted – and quoted – by all the others.
Yomi teaches digital media and mentors younger people. He enjoys the open road and adventure, and is a lover of mobiles, music and dance. He holds the Bachelor of Environmental Science and Bachelor of Architecture degrees from the University of Lagos and also obtained a BrainBench certification in Web Development Concepts.
Yomi Adegboye tells engaging stories about gadgets, brands, places and personalities. he can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Yomi Adegboye’s Interviews and Features
- TechPoint Feature: This man has owned over 160 mobile gadgets since 2004
- Mister Mobility Makes TechLoy Most Influential Technology People Of 2011 List
- Mister Mobility Interviewed By AfriPOP Magazine
- Mister Mobility appears on InfoPlay on LoveWorldPlus TV
- Top 25 Bloggers in Nigeria to Watch Out For in 2014
- WebTrends Nigeria interviews Mister Mobility
Watch Yomi Adegboye’s Interviews
Find below a collection of videos featuring Yomi.
Yomi Adegboye on the 7 Minute Show: The Anatomy of a Blog – Part 1:
Yomi Adegboye on the 7 Minute Show: The Anatomy of a Blog – Part 2:
Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata of TechTrends on ChannelsTV interviews Yomi Adegboye on Tech Ecosystem in Nigeria (May 2016):
Yomi Adegboye shares his inspiring story at NESCAFÉ Get Started 2015:
Roberta Edu interviews Yomi Adegboye on Talks Tech Blogging in Nigeria (September 2015):