Yomi Adegboye aka Mister Mobility (also fondly called Mister Mo), is Nigeria’s pioneer and most respected gadget reviewer, engaging speaker, digital media publisher and trainer, engaging speaker, ambassador, host, and multiple award winning content creator.
Yomi has been a shining light in web, mobile and digital media since 2003. After a stint building a successful Nigerian webhost, he founded Mobility Arena in 2008 (then called Mobility Nigeria) to share information from his experiences with various mobile devices.
Yomi has been featured extensively in various print, web and broadcast (TV and radio) media in Nigeria and beyond. He has also spoken/featured at high profile mobile technology and entrepreneurship events across West Africa, including MobiFEST, West Africa Telecom Summit, and Mobile West Africa conference, where he has featured for five (5) consecutive years.
Yomi Adegboye today oversees a handful of leading digital media platforms that include:
Here are a few other highlights of his work:
- In 2011, he was listed as one of the most influential persons in technology in Nigeria by TechLoy.
- He has been on the Business Advisory Board of Enactus, University Of Lagos chapter since 2010. He was appointed President of the Board in August 2015.
- He co-hosted the hugely successful Karaoke With A Tweep 2012 event with Africa’s Tweet Queen, Kathleen Ndongmo
- Three-time YTech100 award winner: For three consecutive years running (2014, 2015, and 2016), he has been honoured by YNaija/Ndani TV as one of the 100 most innovative People in Nigeria’s Digital Tech/Media Eco-system.
- SMAA Nominee: In 2014, he was nominated for the Blogger Of The Year category in the Social Media Awards Africa.
- He is one of Nescafe Africa’s #GetStartedAfrica Influencers.
- He is an Ambassador of the 1Child1Book project, an initiative of Tosin Jegede Foundation.
- In April 2015 to June 2016, he was appointed as Managing Director of Celebrating Progress Africa (CPAfrica), a website that attracts millions of unique visitors from chronicling Africa’s business and technology progress.
- He served as a judge at the West African Mobile Awards (WAMAS) 2016
- He was appointed as an Advisory Board member of the Nigeria International Technology Exhibition and Conference (NITEC).
- Listed as one of a small class of super-gurus who really know the mobile industry and who tend to be known – and trusted – and quoted – by all the others.
Yomi enjoys the open road and adventure. He is a lover of mobiles, music and dance.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Architecture (post-graduate)
- BrainBench certification in Web Development Concepts
- Google certification in Digital Marketing
Contact Yomi Adegboye for speaking engagements, digital media training, and brand promotion. He is represented by the good folks at DomainStandard Networks and can be booked via: email@example.com.
Interviews and Features
- TechPoint Feature: This man has owned over 160 mobile gadgets since 2004
- Mister Mobility Makes TechLoy Most Influential Technology People Of 2011 List
- Mister Mobility Interviewed By AfriPOP Magazine
- Mister Mobility appears on InfoPlay on LoveWorldPlus TV
- Top 25 Bloggers in Nigeria to Watch Out For in 2014
- WebTrends Nigeria interviews Mister Mobility
Find below a collection of videos featuring Yomi.
Yomi Adegboye on the 7 Minute Show: The Anatomy of a Blog – Part 1:
Yomi Adegboye on the 7 Minute Show: The Anatomy of a Blog – Part 2:
Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata of TechTrends on ChannelsTV interviews Yomi Adegboye on Tech Ecosystem in Nigeria (May 2016):
Yomi Adegboye shares his inspiring story at NESCAFÉ Get Started 2015:
Roberta Edu interviews Yomi Adegboye on Talks Tech Blogging in Nigeria (September 2015):