There is a lot of talk about all the big, fast and powerful cars that are being released now. However, everyone seems to overlook the Kia Picanto. But then, this little car seems to have some great qualities, and according to Car Throttle, it deserves your attention. Here are a few things we found out about the 2017 Kia Picanto:
- It looks great: The Picanto looks sportier on the outside, and Hyundai makes the inside more comfortable. It looks awesome in all the current colors.
- According to reports, the engine is good fun. There are two variants of the engine. The 1.0-liter three-cylinder unit has great torque, but won’t reach its best until it has covered a few thousand miles. The 1.25-liter four-cylinder unit has some extra power and torque, which you can feel when you get past 3500rpm. We await reports on how these engines actually feel from people who have tested them.
- There’s a turbocharged version coming soon. This version is expected to come with 99bhp, as opposed to the 83bhp on the current model. This version will definitely turn heads when it hits the road.
- The handling on the 2017 Kia Picanto is quite fantastic, as reports suggest. Kia has managed to tune the suspension without having to factor in chassis flex. The results are a car that handles like a dream. The steering is faster than one would expect on such a small car.
- All these other factors come packaged in a small, sleek body, which is exactly the same size as the previous models. However, the wheelbase is a bit longer, but both axles have been moved forward. This reduces the front overhang and lengthens the rear for better visual balance. Furthermore, the boot has been increased from 200 litres to 255 litres. And 4 adults can sit in the car comfortably. That sounds great.
- It has useful technology: The 3 and GT Line S versions of the car have a great media interface. This includes a color screen, Bluetooth (from mid-range upwards), a USB port and a DAB radio for the higher models.
- The price: The 66bhp three-pot version goes for £9450, while the air-conditioned version costs £10,750. The 83bhp, air-conditioned version will cost you £11,250. The most expensive of the 2017 Kia Picanto version is the GT Line S, which has only the 83bhp engine. It goes for £13,960. A bargain, supposedly.
The 2017 Kia Picanto looks like a sporty compact car for inter-city commuting. But at the end of the day, it is your call. So, what do you think of it? Let us know in the comments section.