You won’t need any form of spiritual revelation to accept that the world has witnessed an unprecedented rise in the development of technology in recent times. Above all is the emergence of mobile technology. Gone were the days when we were “libraries away from information”. Later things changed to “cybercafe away” from information.
I remember those old days of visiting cyber cafes (Some still do) just to check my mail. Not too long after this, mobile phones manufacturers rolled out internet-enabled phones into the Nigerian market. This made things easier. Those were the days when people bought a mobile phone simply because “it can browse”.
From all this, I begin to wonder, things have really changed indeed! Just this afternoon, I took a journey into my “old analog” lifestyle and I tried as much as possible to compare those days with today’s reality.
With this revolution in web and mobile technology, I have been able to:
- Increase my knowledge bank: Google links me with the information I need. Through this, I have been able to read Gigabytes of ebooks and several pages of information. This is the most important to me.
- Connect with my old friends: Honestly, I did not bother to search for my old secondary school friends on Facebook when I joined…but thank God they did and found me. Now, I am connected with a handful of them.
- Connect with potential clients (Facebook has connected me with numerous people who end up becoming clients).
- Make more Impact: via SelfGrowth.com, my Blogs and through my FB updates.
- Stay connected with Friends, Families, and most especially my Mentors. (via email, FB, and phone calls).
- Make more money (by fixing systems, designing websites and offering various tech services).
I have been able to do more with technology, especially in recent times, but I have decided to limit it to the above.
So, what have you been able to do with technology (either mobile or any other form of digital product)? Comment below please.