Hello everyone, I have been using a BlackBerry Torch 9800 for a while now and I will like to share my opinions about the smartphone.
1. Larger screen compared to other BB devices like Bold 9700.
2. Comes with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and it makes life a lot easier.
3. BlackBerry OS 6.0 has its own advantages like the new home screen & Search capabilities.
4. 5.0 megapixel camera with continuous focus is really more than enough for a bussiness phone
5. Very good audio output through headphones. I tested with my BOSE tripod in ear headphones and the sound quality is as good as Apple iPod’s.
6. Video player is sharp and bright. Handles high quality videos really well.
7. User interface is very fast. Thanks to 624MHz processor. Application switching and multitasking is a joy
8. At the end of the day, it’s a BlackBerry
1. Touchscreen sensitivity is really good but not as good as an Apple iPhone/iPod touch
2. Not all apps will work in every country. So before you buy a BB Torch make sure your service provider supports BBM, enterprise email service, App World etc.
3. BlackBerry doesn’t recognize or connects to ad-hoc wi-fi networks. So if anyone has a laptop set up as a wi-fi hotspot and wants to connect his BB, he has to use a software named Connectify and he must have a laptop with Windows 7 operating system.
4. Built-in app for MS office let’s you open/edit MS word/excel/powerpoint file but you won’t be able to use premuim features. You can’t even create a new file.
5. No PDF reader provided unless you upgrade the Office app to the premium version.
6. The default browser works well. But it’s a bit slow when it comes to loading large pages. I would recommend using Opera Mini which browses really fast.
BlackBerry Torch is a great smartphone with the usual BlackBerry services. But this phone also combines a touchscreen, a QWERTY keyboard. and various other media functionalities. It’s a perfect phone for a business user who likes to stay connected with the internet and also wants to take a snapshot while he’s travelling.
It’s like an Internet cafe with a movie theater inside. Finally, I would love to help whoever needs any kind of support regarding this or any other cell phone. Feel free to post your requests in the comments section below.