Two weeks ago, HTC announced an update pushing out Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1 out to the HTC One X. I have been waiting to get this on my device, and it finally arrived today.
The update notification says that its a 148.13 MB Over-The-Air process and brings the following improvements:
– optimization of the performance of the built-in web browser
– enhancements to image quality of the camera
– smoother homescreen animations via Sense UI 4.1
– updated notification bar.
Other improvements that HTC announced include:
– ability to remap the function of the ‘recent app’ key
– expect enhancements to memory
– Single Sign-On for Facebook allowing user access across applications and browsers
– upgrades to Beats audio
I have downloaded and installed the update, and it was a flawless process. For now, there is no visual indication that anything has happened to my phone. As soon as I have explored the updated device some more, I will publish my thoughts.
PS: In the meantime, this is hoping that the One X gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. No?