The Android Pie update list is a dynamic one. First, we have a list of phones whose manufacturers say will get the update and when to expect them to get it. Then, a second part of the Android 9 Update list presents all the phones that have already received the Android 9 Pie software update.
About Android 9
Android 9 Pie is the major software release for Android OS in 2018. Google began rolling it out in August. The key features that Android 9 brought to the table include:
- Improved gesture navigation
- New visuals and UI changes
- Optional dark/light themes
- Digital Well-being
- Adaptive Brightness
- AI-improved battery optimization
- App Slices and actions directly from apps
- Improved notifications
- Improved Do Not Disturb mode
You can read up more about Android 9 in our article, Android P Beta Unveiled.
Android One devices on the Android 9 update list
It is important to state here that Android One-powered devices will receive the update before the year ends. They include:
- HMD Global: All Nokia Android devices
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi A1, Mi A2, and Mi A2 Lite
- HTC U11 Life
- Infinix Mobility:
- Motorola: Moto X4, Moto One (P30 Play), and Moto One Power (P30 Note)
- LG G7
- General Mobile: GM8, GM6, GM5, GM5+
- Ymobile: S1, S2, X1
Other devices on the Android 9 Update List
A number of manufacturers have listed out phone models that will get the Android Pie update. They include Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, OPPO, and Vivo, among others. The general rule is that the top models from each manufacturer gets a major software update of this sort. So, if you own a Galaxy S9/S9+, or Huawei P20/P20 Pro, or HTC U11/ U11+/12+ and the like, your device will get the Android 9 update.
For example, LG says, models like LG G7, LG G7 ThinQ, LG G7+ ThinQ, and LG V30+, will get updated.
Another manufacturer that has announced its Android Pie update list is Infinix Mobility, and it is a long lineup. devices on the list include: Infinix Hot S3, Infinix Hot S3X, Infinix Hot 6 Pro, Infinix Hot 6, Infinix Note 5, Infinix Note 5 Stylus, Infinix Note 4, Infinix Note 4 Pro, Infinix Zero 6, and Infinix Zero 5.
Of the mobile brands under the Transsion Group, Infinix is the most consistent with software updates.
Android Pie Update List: Devices That Have Received The Update
The Essential Phone PH-1 made a splash by getting Android Pie the very same day that Google released it to the public, As a matter of fact, many Essential Phone owners got it before Pixel device owners did.
Quite a number of smartphone manufacturers have announced roll-out plans for Android Pie. But as usual, actual execution has been slow. Here is a list of all the phones that have received the Android Pie update.
- Essential: Essential PH-1.
- Google: Pixel. Pixel XL. Pixel 2. Pixel 2 XL.
- OnePlus: OnePlus 6. OnePlus 6T.
- Sony: Xperia XZ2. XZ2 Compact. XZ Premium. XZ1. XZ1 Compact.
- HMD Global: Nokia 7 Plus. Nokia 6.1. Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7.1. Nokia 8. Nokia 5.1 Plus.
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi A2. Mi A2 Lite. Xiaomi Mi A1. Mi Mix 3. Mi Mix 2s.
- Motorola: Moto X4. One Power.
- LG: G7 One.
- Huawei: Huawei P20. P20 Pro. Mate 10 Pro. Mate 20 X.
- ASUS: Zenfone 5
- Samsung: Galaxy S9. Galaxy S9 Plus. Galaxy Note9.
- Infinix: Smart 2. Note 5.
So far, the most responsive manufacturer with devices on the Android Pie update list has been HMD Global/Nokia. They have rolled out the update to more phones than any other brand has. Surprisingly, Sony Mobile and Xiaomi have both been quite responsive this time around, closely following behind Nokia.
What is beautiful about Nokia is that they have committed to update all their current devices.
As for Samsung’s Android Pie update list, the world’s biggest Android manufacturer, has update three smartphones on their lineup so far. More devices are expected to get it over the next months.
Our Android 9 Update list is constantly updated as the software update is released for more smartphones and tablets, so bookmark this page and check back daily.
And if you have received the Android Pie update on your device already, how has it been? Please share your experience below.
Follow us on social media!
Latest posts by MobilityArena InfoDesk (see all)
- 8 Energizer feature phones announced; will run KaiOS - February 20, 2019
- TECNO Pouvoir 2 Air – All you wanted to know - February 20, 2019
- OPPO to license VOOC flash charge technology to other manufacturers - February 19, 2019
- android pie update list