Our Android 9 Update list presents all the phones that have already received the Android 9 Pie software update and when to expect it on your device.
About Android 9
Android 9 Pie is the major software release for Android OS in 2018. Google began rolling it out in August. The key features that Android 9 brought to the table include:
- Improved gesture navigation
- New visuals and UI changes
- Optional dark/light themes
- Digital Well-being
- Adaptive Brightness
- AI-improved battery optimization
- App Slices and actions directly from apps
- Improved notifications
- Improved Do Not Disturb mode
You can read up more about Android 9 in our article, Android P Beta Unveiled.
Android One devices on the Android 9 update list
It is important to state here that Android One-powered devices will receive the update before the year ends. They include:
- HMD Global: All Nokia Android devices
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi A1, Mi A2, and Mi A2 Lite
- HTC U11 Life
- Motorola: Moto X4, Moto One (P30 Play), and Moto One Power (P30 Note)
- LG G7
- General Mobile: GM8, GM6, GM5, GM5+
- Ymobile: S1, S2, X1
A number of manufacturers have listed out phone models that will get the Android Pie update. They include Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, OPPO, and Vivo, among others. The general rule is that the top models from each manufacturer gets a major software update of this sort. So, if you own a Galaxy S9/S9+, or Huawei P20/P20 Pro, or HTC U11/ U11+/12+ and the like, your device will get the Android 9 update.
Android 9 Update List: Devices That Have Received Pie
The Essential Phone PH-1 made a splash by getting Android Pie the very same day that Google released it to the public, As a matter of fact, many Essential Phone owners got it before Pixel device owners did.
Quite a number of smartphone manufacturers have announced rollout plans for Android Pie. But as usual, actual execution has been slow. Here is a list of all the phones that have received the Android Pie update.
- Essential: Essential PH-1.
- Google: Pixel. Pixel XL. Pixel 2. Pixel 2 XL.
- OnePlus: OnePlus 6.
- Sony: Xperia XZ2. XZ2 Compact. XZ Premium. XZ1. XZ1 Compact.
- HMD Global: Nokia 7 Plus. Nokia 6.1. Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7.1.
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi A2. Mi A2 Lite. Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Motorola: Moto X4. One Power.
- LG: G7 One.
Our Android 9 Update list is constantly updated as the software update is released for more smartphones and tablets, so bookmark this page and check back daily.
And if you have received the Android Pie update on your device already, how has it been? Please share your experience below.