Some weeks ago, Infinix announced the release of the new XOS Chameleon software. This replaces the famous XUI software found on their devices. From our earlier review of the software, you will learn that it was first pre-installed on the Infinix Hot S. Infinix has made it available for the Infinix Note 2 LTE and the Infinix Zero 3.
This update to XOS comes via OTA, but in case that didn’t happen for you, see steps to downloading and installing it on your phone below:
Steps to Install XOS Chameleon on your Infinix Phone
- Don’t download this on a rooted phone.
- Be sure to check your built number and download accordingly.
- Choose the SDcard link if you want to flash it through your phone, and the SP Flash if you want to flash with your PC.
- For Infinix Zero 3 X552-H952-A1(Download SDcard, SP flash)
- For Infinix Zero 3 X552-H952-B1(SDcard, SP flash)
- Infinix Note 2 Lte X600 A1 Build: (SDcard,SP flash)
- Infinix Note 2 Lte X600 B1 Build: (SDcard, SPflash)
How to Install XOS Chameleon Via SD card
- Download the relevant XOS Chameleon OTA package or TCard package,
- Extract it and place the ‘update.zip‘ to the root of your SD Card (if already extracted, rename it as ‘update.zip’) ,
- Then, perform any of the methods, either Method 1 or Method 2.
– Method 1:
Go to Settings > About phone > System update > Options > Update from local > Select ‘update.zip’ and install it.
Now all you have to do is have a little patient and wait for it to upgrade. Once installation is complete, your device will reboot.
– Method 2:
- Turn off your Infinix Smartphone (and boot to recovery mode)
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold volume up button + power button
- If you see Android bot with a danger sign
- Press and hold power button again and press volume up button once
- Use Up / Down button to select ‘Apply update from SD card’
- Scroll to where the ‘update.zip’ file is located and select with the Power Button.
As always, be patient and wait for the upgrade process to complete. Once the installation is complete, your device will reboot, and it will be running XOS Chameleon. If you run into any issues, use the comment box, and I’ll reply as soon as I can.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.