Nokia sold off its mobile phone division to Microsoft, and that has been renamed Microsoft Mobile. Microsoft has now dropped the Nokia branding on its devices. But like I said before, Nokia isn’t out of the mobile hardware game. There’s a new Nokia gadget in town, and it is an Android tablet! So, while Microsoft Mobile proceeds with pushing Windows OS devices, it seems clear that Nokia will be pitching its tent with Android OS. Remember Z launcher, the Android home launcher that Nokia developed recently? Nokia’s Android tablet has it pre-installed.
Apparently, the deal with Microsoft didn’t forbid Nokia from doing tablets right away. The N1 tablet was announced at the Slush event in Finland today and is being marketed as “the tablet that thinks ahead”, an allusion to Z Launcher. A few quick specs:
- Design: One-piece design, Aluminum with surface anodization
- 200.7 x 138.6 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 318 g
- 8-inch, 2048 × 1536, IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3
- 64-bit Intel Atom Processor Z3580, clocking at 2.3 GHz
- PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB internal storage, plus microSD card slot
- 8-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 5300 mAh battery
- Android Lollipop OS, with Z Launcher
Here is the official video:
We will be bringing you more details. In the meantime, your comments!