After all the leaks, hype and anticipation, Apple announced a host of new gadgets in an event yesterday. We saw a new (bigger) iPad with an eye pencil, and lastly, we saw their new phones-The Apple iPhone 6s and the Apple iPhone 6s Plus. Below is a key summary of what these new phones bring to the table:
This is also known as Force Touch Technology. It’s a new way of navigation whereby the screen is pressure sensitive, and responds differently depending on the pressure of your touch. For instance, press lightly to Peek at a photo, email, web page or other content, and press a little deeper to Pop into the content itself.
- The new iPhones come with a bigger 12 MP camera. This can capture HD videos in 4k resolution (i.e 3840 x 2160 pixels).
- There’s also a higher 5 MP FaceTime® HD camera and Retina Flash. This means the screen of the phone acts as a flash for the front camera.
- Live Photos – A feature to capture and save the moments immediately before and after the shot is taken.
- New 7000 series Aluminum alloy, same used in the aerospace industry, with availability in new colour-Rose Gold.
- New designed A9 chip, for faster performance and better life.
- Stronger ion-strengthened glass display.
- New iOS 9 software.
- Faster Wi-Fi and LTE Advanced, with support for up to 23 LTE bands.
With all these announcements, you may ask, “Is this worth all the hype?” Personally, I was thrilled with the rumors of the upcoming Force Touch Technology, but Apple’s implementation feels to elementary. The very small battery of the iPhone 6s is another cause for concern.
But hey!! This is the iPhone, and people will definitely buy, after all, it’s an iPhone. Are you thrilled with the new release or does it sound boring?