The new Apple Mac Mini 2018, also called Apple Macbook Mini 2018 in certain quarters, is a desktop computer that features the 8th Gen 6 Core and quad-core processor, a faster memory up to 64GB and a variety of connectivity ports.
The Apple MacBook Mini was one of the new Apple products unveiled alongside iPad Pro and MacBook Air at the Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn, New York on October 30.
Specs of Apple Macbook Mini 2018
– Up to 6-Core Intel Core i5 or i7 processor.
– Intel UHD Graphics 630.
– Up to 64GB RAM (2666 MHz DDR4).
– 128GB PCle SSD storage.
– 4 USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports/HDMI/SDXC Card slot/Audio in port/IR Receiver and 2x USB 3 Port.
– 2.9 pounds in weight and 7.7″ x 7.7″ x 1.4″ (width x depth x height).
– WiFi (802.11ac, Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11 a/g/b/n compatible.
– Bluetooth Wireless Tech.
– 100 – 240V AC line voltage.
– 85W Maximum continuous power/50°- 95° operating temperature.
The Mac mini comes in a small, square shape and 100% recycled aluminium made that packs a lot of powerful components and makes it an upgrade over the 2014 model.
Powering the Apple MacBook Mini 2018 is a quad-core intel core processor with 4.6GHz Turbo Boost that delivers superior performance with 5x faster system performance to handle multiple tasks. This means you have more computing power to handle larger workloads, files and bigger software application.
It also comes with a flash storage space of 2TB that gives you 4x faster read speed and 3.4GB/s sequential read speed as well as 2666MHz DDR4 memory that can be configured to 64GB with 7.8x faster than 16GB.
The Apple Macbook Mini 2018 also offers more options for connectivity ports. The Thunderbolt port supports up to 4 4K display and 2 5K display, data transfer of 40GB/s, charge and provide power and connect eGPU.
Other features include 3.5mm headphone jack, macOS support, T2 security chip, Gigabit ethernet port and a built-in speaker. The Apple Mac mini is available at a starting price of $799.