The world has become a really small place due to the spread of the internet. As such, you get to meet lots of people from all around the world daily on various social media sites. However, not all these people speak the same language as you. Therefore, it makes sense for one to be proficient in more than one language. That is no longer a difficult task nowadays; there are apps that help you learn new languages on both Android and iPhone. Here are the best language learning apps on both platforms:
- Babbel: This is one of the best language leaning apps out there. it makes use of a system of quick review and 15-minute lessons. With this app, you can learn English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Dutch, Polish, Indonesian, Russian, Danish and Norwegian. A Babbel language course will cost you just $9.95 per month.
- ATi Studios: This is an app developer studio which specializes in language apps. There are more than 20 language courses available, and each course is free. However, you will only gain a basic knowledge of the language. There is an app for each available language.
- Busuu: This is another free language learning app. The objective is clear: learn a language by spending 10 minutes daily. In total, you get material for 22 hours of learning in each language. The subscription costs just $9.99 per month or $69.99 per year. You can learn English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic, Polish, German, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Duolingo: This is likely the most well-known of the language learning apps. It allows you to learn grammar structures and vocabulary through small games. Duolingo boasts 34-hour courses per language. You can learn English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese. All courses are free.
- Memrise: This app is designed like a game. You pick a language, and the spymaster sends you on missions in which you have to speak that language to evade detection. It’s pretty cool, and you can learn English, French, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Italian.
Learning a new language is informative, and it is a great way to develop your mind. But most of all, it is fun. With these apps, it is even more convenient than attending a class. So, if you want to learn a new language, give the above apps a try. Here is an interesting story of how Mister Mo is learning French on his smartphone.