There was a time that BlackBerry smartphones were known for good battery life, and then they became known for poor battery life. The BlackBerry Motion leaves nothing to chances. It has a big 4,000 mAh battery – the largest ever in any BlackBerry smartphone. There is no hardware QWERTY keyboard here, so you get a full 5.5-inch LCD display.
BlackBerry Motion is a performer too, with a Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz and 4 GB of RAM. This is the modern BlackBerry for road warriors. Even more, an IP67 rating means it is protected from dust and capable of withstanding immersion in 15 cm and 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
It will be initially available only in Saudi Arabia and the UAE, from where it will hopefully spread everywhere else on the planet.
BlackBerry Motion Specifications and Price
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM. EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: UMTS. WCDMA. HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE Frequency Bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / / 19(800) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(TD 2600) / 40(TD 2300)
- SIM Type: Dual SIM, dual standby
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat + BB Security + BB Hub
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels (403 ppi), IPS LCD touchscreen 2.5D display with DragonTrail Glass
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, G-sensor
- Build: Metal. IP67 Water and Dust resistance
- Processor Type: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Snapdragon 625
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2 TB
- Rear: 12 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, autofocus, dual-tone LED flash
- Video recording: 4k @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels, f/2.2 with selfie flash
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB Type-C
- Charging: Quick Charge 3.0 (find out about quick charging)
- Battery: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Announcement: October 2017
- Availability: October 2017
- Phone Price: $435 / Dh1,699 / 1,699 Riyal
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.