If you want a Samsung Galaxy S8 but for about %600 less, Bluboo has stepped up to the plate in a shocking cloning job. The Bluboo S8 is named after the manner of the Galaxy S8, and is almost a 100% copy in terms of hardware. The display is 5.7 inches in size, with an 83% screen-to-body ratio, has an Infinity Display, has a rear fingerprint scanner, and a rear dual camera. This is a blatant rip-off of the Galaxy S8.
The major differences are in the internals – the processor is less powerful, it has less RAM, and the OS is a flavour of Android 7 called 360 OS. So, expect differences in performance and in the user experience. That is, if the offer of a Galaxy S8 clone that costs much less appeals to you.
Bluboo S8 Specifications
Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800)
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat + 360 OS
- Dimensions: 149.5 x 70.6 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 207 g
- Display: 5.7 inches, 1440 x 720 pixels, 2.5D curved glass, G+FF technology, gloved/wet hands control
- Sensors: Fingerprint. G-sensor. Proximity. Ambient Light. Geomagnetic.
- Build: Zn-Ti Alloy + Glass back cover
- Colours: Blue. Gold. Black.
- Processor Type: Octa-Core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek MTK6750T
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali T860 MP2 @ 650MHz
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Micro-SD card up to 256 GB (Hybrid slot)
- Rear: Dual 16 megapixels + 3 megapixels, auto-focus, and dual LED flash
- Video recording: 1080P @ 30 fps
- Front-facing: 5 megapixels
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio: NA
- Bluetooth: v4.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB Type-C
- Charging: Quick Charge
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 3450 mAh
- Announcement: July 2016
- Availability: August 2017
- Launch Price: $180.00
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.