Changing names could be a hassle, often involving complicated processes and a long wait. However, you can change your names on social media quite easily. There are lots of reasons why you might want to change your Twitter name. Now, there are two different names you use on Twitter: the display name and the Twitter handle. The display name is the one that appears above the username, and to the left of your username in the Twitter fed. Your username, on the other hand, is the name that appears in your profile URL. Your username comes with a “@” sign. You might want to change either of the two names, or both of them. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your Twitter name:
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR TWITTER USERNAME
- First, log in to your Twitter account using either the mobile app or any browser of your choice.
- Click on your profile image, or the gear icon if you can’t see a profile image. Then, click on Settings.
- The next screen should be the Account screen, but if it doesn’t come up immediately you can tap on the Account option on the left side of your screen to bring it up.
- On the Account screen, there’s a text box to the right of Username. Type in your desired username there. Twitter will tell you if your username is available. If it is not, you can choose another username.
- Now, remember that your Twitter username needs to be 15 characters or less. Also, you can only use alphanumerical characters on your username. When you are done selecting a username, click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page and enter your account password when prompted.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR TWITTER DISPLAY NAME
- Log in to your Twitter account wither either the mobile app or any browser of your choice.
- Click on your profile icon or the gear icon, then select View Profile.
- Next, click on Edit Profile. This should be on the right side of your screen. When you click on it, everything else on the screen should fade and your profile details on the left side of the screen would he highlighted.
- Type in your desired username in the text field below the profile picture. Note that it should not be more than 20 characters.
- When finished, click on Save Changes a the bottom of the page.