Did you know? There are custom ROMs available for the Infinix Hot Note and Infinix Hot Note Pro. Both phones are basically the same except for a few hardware differences in the later. Huge credits to Nigerian mods that ported this ROMs to work on these phones. Below are the list of available ROMs.
Material V4 ROM: This ROM is a Lollipop themed version of Material KitKat OS. It somewhat reminds me of CyanogenMod OS. The ROM is bug free, smooth and offers lots of customization. Though you need to go extra steps to install this one. Find out more about it HERE or HERE.
xTremeVanilla V3 ROM: Is also based on KitKat specifically for Mediatek devices. The ROM was ported from Micromax A310, and offers a different UI. It has themed Dialer & Status Bar icons, Beats audio, Xposed support, Great battery backup, and many more. Find out more HERE.
Samsung Galaxy S5 ROM: This is a ROM ported directly from Samsung Galaxy S5 for MTK devices. It features Touchwiz UI in it’s full glory. Download it HERE.
We all know the case with custom ROMs. You must be rooted and have CWM Recovery installed.
- Download the ROM and copy it directly into your SD card.
- Reboot to Recovery.
- Wipe Data/factory reset.
- Select Install zip.
- Choose the Zip file from the SD card.
- Select Install.
- Wait till the installation is completed.
- Then select ‘Reboot System’.
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk. Mobility isn’t responsible for whatever happens to your device. So don’t blame us if you incur any damages. This is not for the faint-hearted,the ROMs above have been flashed and worked successfully.
Two users have reported a bug with the S5 ROM. There’s an issue with the phone’s mic after flashing whereby, your callers won’t be able to hear you from the other end. Please take note of this before embarking on this mission.
A Mobilista Husny shared a link to a better bugless Samsung Galaxy S5 ROM. The link has been duly updated.
Here are also more custom ROM’s available for the Infinix Hot Note/Hote Note Pro:
- PussyFab v2.50 ROM: This is a Lollipop 5.0 themed ROM with lots of optimizations. Find out more about it HERE.
- MIUI v6 ROM: This is a Super smooth, and very beautiful ROM. It’s actually what I’ve been using on my Gionee M2 for weeks now. Comes with a clean iOS-like UI and a host of other customizations. Find out more HERE.