Apple iPhones have a predefined set of ringtones. However, you might want to use a song of your choice as your ringtone. Of course, it’s more fun to have a personalized ringtone for your device. The process is quite simple. Here are some steps to convert any music file to an iPhone ringtone:
- Open iTunes on your computer and select the MP3 file of the song you want to use. Right-click on the file, then select Get Info on the pop-up menu.
- Click on Options on the next window. There will be a field labeled “Start time” and “Stop Time”. This is to determine the part of the song you wish to use as the ringtone. It cannot be more than 30 seconds. When you fill in these details, click Ok.
- Return to the previous window, right-click on the song and choose “Convert Selection to AAC”. This will create a new 30-second file.
- Copy the new file to your desktop then delete it from iTunes. After that, change the file extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r”
- Copy the file back to iTunes. Then connect your phone to the computer via USB. When the Sync button appears, click OK. This will copy the file to your iPhone. Now you can use the song as your iPhone ringtone.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017