When you take a picture with a smartphone, your camera makes a clicking sound. On some smartphones, there is no option to turn it off. But there are times when you might want to take pictures without your subject knowing what’s up. It’s easy to turn off the sound on your Android smartphone. However, it’s a bit complicated for iPhone users. Here’s how to disable iPhone camera sounds.
- Tap on the Mute button on the side of your iPhone before taking a picture.
- Another option is to launch the music app and play a song. Then lower the volume of the song to zero, then launch the Camera app and take your photo.
- You can disable Camera sounds on your jailbroken iPhone. You just have to rename the sound effect file within the operating system to disable iPhone camera sounds. There are several ways to do this, which include:
- Using a Jailbreak app to mute the shutter sound: The app is called Silent Photo Chill. It mutes the sound of both your iPhone camera and screenshots.
- To rename the sound file on your iPhone, you need a tool called iExplorer or iFile on your jailbroken phone. First, connect your iDevice to SSH. Then use this command to rename the shutter sound effect: mv/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/photoShutter.caf to /System/Library/audio/UISounds/photoShutter-off.caf .
That’s all you need to do to disable iPhone camera sounds. Hopefully future versions of iPhones will make it easier to just turn off the feature.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017