A subscriber has narrated how he took up an Etisalat 500MB bonus data offer from the operator and was left with a bad taste in the mouth. We reproduce below his story of how what he got was not what he was expecting:
Is this a marketing tactic or plain fraud?
Usually I buy 1.5GB @ #1200 for data from my service provider. This serves me for a month usually.
Then I got this SMS from them saying I could get 500MB bonus if I opted for a promo for 1GB @#1000 at that moment by pressing a certain code. After pressing the code, I got a message that I have been credited with 1GB and 500MB will be available if I am able to buy another 1 GB within 30 days!!
It’s like “won ti gba mi abi”?
That last line translated from Yoruba, says, “It looks like I have been scammed; right?”
We investigated this matter and had a chat with the aggrieved subscriber.
The Etisalat 500MB Bonus Data Offer
Here is the SMS from Etisalat that introduced him to the bonus data offer:
Your line has been recharged with 1500.00 Naira via E-Top Up. Your main balance is 1300.38 Naira. Get FREE 500MB when you buy 1GB data, dial *229*2*7#. Unlock FREE 500MB when you buy another 1GB & above within 30 days
The marketing section of that SMS from Etisalat (that is the section in bold text) is badly worded and communicates the wrong message. Etisalat’s poor communication made it sound like you get 500MB free when you buy 1GB data, and then get another 500MB free when you buy another 1GB data or more.
But what the operator clearly means to communicate is that you buy 1 GB of data, dial a code to activate the new privilege so that you get 500MB of data free each time you subsequently buy 1 GB of data or more.
This is how the marketing line in that message should read:
Buy 1GB data, dial *229*2*7#, then unlock FREE 500MB when you buy another 1GB & above within 30days
See the difference?
I would be aggrieved too if I had taken up the Etisalat 500MB bonus data offer and gotten the results the complainant got. Yes; it makes it sounds like a scam. Etisalat needs to change that message right away, if they haven’t done so already. Some compensation for the complainant would be in order too.
This is an example of how poor communications can do damage. If interested, you can read the complainant’s story on his Facebook page RIGHT HERE.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- how to unlock a credited data on etisalas
- etisalat 500 mb bonus data
- how to unlock etisalat free data
- etisalat 500mb bonus
- hw can i used my 500 mb data bonus on etisalat network
- etisalat gave me bonus data and it's not working
- your 500mb has expired etisalat why
- etisalat 500mb free data
- free 500 bonus etisalat data not working
- your monthly data bonus is 25000 mb etisalat how should i get this bonus
- etisalat 500mb free data how to use it
- how to use etisalat 500mb bonus
- etisalat 500mb data bonus how to use it
- how to use etisalats 1000mb bonus data
- how to use etisalat bonus data
- how can i use my 9jamobile 500mb data bonus
- how can i make use of my 500 data bonus on etisalat
- how to use 500mb bonus data in 9mobile
- how to unlock 500mb bonus data
- etisalat 500 mb bonus