I happened to have connections from both Glo and Etisalat with me last Thursday morning and I used the opportunity to run quick speed tests. The tests were run between 9.30am and 9.40am. The results were interesting:
- Both connections maxed out at 7.47 Mbps, which is oddly far below expectation, considering that at least Etisalat claims a top speed of 42 Mbps.
- Glo delivered over 270% the speed that Etisalat did, beating them hands down. That’s 3.34 Mbps to 1.22 Mbps respectively. Another surprise.
I used the Speed Tester app for BlackBerry 10 for the tests. If you notice the dark column at the top left corner of both screenshots, I set the maximum speed offered by both operators to 57 Mbps, as the Z30 is rated HSPA+.
As always, my disclaimer about location stands. You will likely get different results from the above depending on where you are, and what time of the day you use the services.
About data rate units in this test: megabit per second = Mbps = Mbit/s = Mb/s
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S9 problems pop up after Android Pie update - February 14, 2019
- PiggyBank rebrands to PiggyVest but we are not having it - February 11, 2019