If you have been reading MobilityArena for a considerable amount of time, you will be familiar with the idea of lite apps. We are great fans of those. Lite apps are trimmed down versions of regular apps designed to run smoothly no matter what technology or network users have access to. Facebook Messenger Lite has joined the family of lite mobile apps.
Features Of Facebook Messenger Lite
- Small Size: The installation file of Messenger Lite is less than 10 MB. This makes it quicker to install and launch on all specs of Android phones
- Faster on Basic Smartphones: In use, it runs faster too. This is because it is stripped of extra features and other bloatware, offering only the core functions of the regular app.
- Faster on Slow Mobile Networks: Even on GPRS and EDGE mobile internet, Messenger Lite runs faster.
- Less Data Consumption: The app also uses less data, resulting in cost savings for users.
The summary of the matter is this: if the regular Facebook messenger app runs sluggishly on your Android smartphone, depletes your mobile phone’s battery, or consumes too much data, Messenger Lite is what you need.
Messenger Lite was initially available to only a handful of emerging markets. However, availability has been extended to over 150 countries around the world. You can download it HERE.
If you are interested in the subject of lite mobile apps, here is an article that addresses it: Lite Apps: Why more developers are seeing the light.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S9 problems pop up after Android Pie update - February 14, 2019
- PiggyBank rebrands to PiggyVest but we are not having it - February 11, 2019