The Sirin Finney Phone is being marketed as a block-chain smartphone. It has two screens – the main 6-inch display and a secondary 2-inch display that is revealed by an upward slide mechanism. The Finney Blockchain Phone has an embedded cold storage wallet for crypto-currency transactions with support for major crypto-currencies and tokens.
If you have followed th history of secure phones, you will immediately notice the resemblance it bears to the $14,000 Sirin Solarin, which did not sell as well as the manufacturer hoped it would. No surprise, considering the price tag.
Eventually, Sirin Labs gave up , but have resurrected now to offer the Finney phone which they claim again is the most secure smartphone. This time, the cost has been pegged at a more welcoming $999.
Whether or not there will be enough people interested in a blockchain phone is left to be seen. But it does have flagship specs, offering Snapdragon 845 processor, 6 GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage, among other features. Lastly, Sirin is hping t leverage on Lionel Messi’s clout to drum up visibility for the phone, as it carries an endorsement by him.
Sirin Labs Finney runs Sirin OS, which the manufacturer claims is an “ultra-secure and Google-certified” fork of Android 8.1 Oreo.
Finney Blockchain Phone Specifications and Price
Find below the full Finney Blockchain Phone specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA
- 4G: 22 LTE frequency bands
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + Sirin OS
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6 inches, 18:9 ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Metal frame + Glass Back
- Colours: Black. Silver.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- External Storage: microSD
- Rear: 12 megapixels, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: Side fire audio design
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB-OTG
- Charging: Fast Battery Charging (QuickCharge 2.0)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Ion 3,280mAh
- Announced: July 2018
- Availability: November 2018
Finney Blockchain Phone Price
The Finney Phone will cost $999.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.