Mozilla is tackling low-end smartphone markets around the world with Firefox OS smartphones. The first port of call of Firefox OS Smartphones was South Africa. There the ALCATEL ONETOUCH FIRE E smartphone was launched on the MTN network back in April 2015. Now, the Orange Klif smartphone has been launched in Senegal and Madagascar this week on the Orange network.
Alcatel Orange Klif Quick Specifications
Made by Alcatel, the Orange Klif is a dual-core, 3.5G budget smartphone that runs Firefox OS version 2.0. It has a 3.5-inch display, a 2 megapixel camera with LED flash, microSD card slot and a 1,300 mAh battery. Here are some of the specs:
- Wireless Network: GSM, EDGE, HSPA+
- SIM Card: Dual SIM
- Display: 3.5-inch (320 x 480 pixels) HVGA capacitive touch screen display
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core MediaTek Processor
- RAM: 256 MB
- Internal Storage: 512 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD
- Camera: 2 megapixels
- USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 1300 mAh capacity
The Klif will also be available in 13 African and Middle Eastern countries. It will cost $40.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.