You never thought you would see the launch of a dual-SIM BlackBerry smartphone; did you? Well, you also never thought you’d be able to ping (do BlackBerry Messenger) on a Nokia.
But the first dual-SIM BlackBerry SIM is finally here. It is made by BB Merah Putih, the company that holds the license for making, marketing, and selling BlackBerry-branded smartphones in Indonesia.
The Aurora is also the first BlackBerry-branded device to ever be produced in Indonesia.
Have a look at the full specifications of the first dual-SIM BlackBerry.
BlackBerry Aurora Specifications
Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / / 19(800) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(TD 2600) / 40(TD 2300)
- SIM Type: Dual Micro-SIM
- OS: Android OS 7.0 Nougat + BB Security + BB Hub
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 178 g
- Display: 5.5-inch 720 x 1280 pixels, 267 PPI, AMOLED display with scratch resistant glass
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Effect
- Colours: Gold. Black. Silver
- Processor Type: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB
- Rear: 13 megapixel, autofocus, OIS, Dual tone LED flash
- Video recording: 1080p @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixel with flash
- Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Audio: HiFi
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Charging: Quick Charge
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh
- Launch Date: March 2017
- Availability: March 2017
- Launch Price: IDR 3,499,000 (about $260)
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.