Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Android 9 Pie, 5G smartphone features a 6.4-inch display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, 24 MP + 2 MP selfie dual camera, 12 MP + 12 MP dual rear camera, 6 GB RAM, 64 GB internal memory, and a 3800 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G version is the first Snapdragon 855 phone. This is essentially the Mi Mix 3 with a different chipset and the X50 5G modem built in.
That means that the 5G Mi Mix 3 has a magnetic slider too, as well as similar specs to its sibling. The key differences are about the processor and modem.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Specifications and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: Yes
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + MIUI 10
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 74.7 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.39-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass
- Colours: Onyx Black. Sapphire Blue.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo 485
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 + X50 5G modem
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: No
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels wide-angle lens + 12 megapixels telephoto lens dual camera, Sony IMX576, auto-focus, OIS, Dual-Pixel PDAF, LED flash, AI scene recognition, 2160 @ 30fps; 960 fps slow-mo video
- Front-facing Camera: Dual camera hidden by a magnetic slider/pop-up: 24 megapixels + 2 megapixels depth sensor, LED flash.
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: No
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; Type-C 1.0, USB-OTG
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3800 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W Fast Charging (Quick Charge 4+). 10W fast wireless charging
- Announced: February 2019
- Market Availability: May 2019
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Price and Availability
- Country Availability: China. Asia. Europe. Africa. North America.
- Price: 599 Euros
The Mi Mix 3 5G will be available from May 2019 on Mi.com, selected Mi Stores and key retailers..
The First Snapdragon 855 Phone
The announcement of the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G comes a day after the official announcement of the Snapdragon 855 chipset, making it the first smartphone to use the new processor.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page about Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specifications of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.