Garmin’s Garmap for Mobile is now available with streetmaps of major cities in Nigeria, including: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Warri, Otta, among others.
Here are more features:
- 9,800km of routable map data
- Over 8,800 points of interest (POIs)
- Street maps for Lagos, FCT Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Warri, and Ota amongst others
- Turn-by-turn voice prompts
- Route simulation: Ability to simulate route and view destination on map before embarking on the journey
- Weather forecast: Ability to check five day weather forecasts destinations and over 5000 cities worldwide
- Flight schedule and status: Access flight details for many major airlines
- Points of Interest dialing: Choose from over 8800 Points of Interest and call a point of interest (such as a restaurant or coffee shop) using the phone feature.
- Location messaging: Send a location message to another Nigerian mobile phone, detailing their exact location in GPS coordinates. If the receiving mobile phone also has Garmap For Mobile installed the message translates into a destination point and allows the receiver to navigate easily and quickly to that point.
- Panic button: Automatically fires off an urgent location message to up to three emergency contacts whenever the ‘#’ key is depressed for more than 3 seconds on certain Nokia and Samsung phones.
- “Panoramio”, a tool that allows consumers to access user-generated content that has been uploaded to the Web.
- On board user’s manual and troubleshooting information: The user’s manual and troubleshooting information sits on the application on your phone, so help is wherever you are.
- SD card and Installation disk: The application comes on a 2gig SD card and an installation / recovery disk
- 1.8 gig memory space: The application comes with 1.8gig free memory space on the SD card
The official distributor for Garmin in Nigeria, JEJ Engineering, says that the application is compatible with Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Smart phone) and Symbian S60 devices with built-in GPS.
This really is interesting and good news. I’m looking forward to giving the application a spin and presenting a detailed review here. Watch this space.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019