Gionee F205 Lite is a physical replica of 2017’s F205. You will not be able to tell the two models apart just by looking at them. But despite the “lite” tag and 1GB less RAM, this model has an ace up its sleeve: it runs a more optimized version of Android OS.
This is Gionee’s first Android Go smartphone. Being Android Go means that the software is relatively up-to-date and that it is optimized to run smooth on low-end hardware like this. With Android Go Edition, a 1GB RAM phone runs much smoother than it does if it had full Android OS in it.
On the hardware side, the Gionee F205 Lite has a 5.45-inch display similar to its predecessor, a 3000 mAh battery, 16 GB internal storage and memory card support, as well as an 8 megapixels main camera and 5 megapixels selfie camera.
There is 4G LTE network support here, so if you are looking for a budget 4G smartphone, this will interest you. There is no fingerprint sensor or Face Unlock here though.
At the F205 Lite’s price point, a 3.5mm audio jack is a given and so is present here.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Phone Software: Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition + Amigo OS
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 148.40 x 70.70 x 7.95 mm
- Weight: 135g
- Display: 5.45-inch, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Colours: Black. Blue. Red.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.3
- Processor Name: MediaTek MT6739
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8100
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: 8 megapixels, dual LED flash, video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 megapixels, video capture
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3000mAh
- Announced: October 2018
- Availability: October 2018
Gionee F205 Lite Price
The Gionee F205 Lite costs ₦32,000 in Nigeria.
To Buy Or Not To Buy?
It is hard to recommend the F205 Lite in a market where the competition offers more for less.
For approximately the same price, you can get the itel P32 which includes a well designed body, fingerprint scanner, dual camera, and bigger battery. You get 8GB instead of 16GB internal storage though and there is no 4G support on the itel.
But itel has more. For just ₦24,000, you can get an itel S13 with fingerprint scanner, Dual 5MP + 5MP rear camera, 13 megapixel selfie camera, and 2400mAh battery, but no 4G, and again half the internal storage of the Gionee F205 Lite.
It looks like the overriding factors in favour of the F205 Lite are 4G LTE and the 16GB internal storage. If you want 4G for a lesser price, itel has the A22. Like the F205 Lite, it has no fingerprint scanner, has a smaller battery and smaller internal storage. But it costs just ₦24,800.
If you absolutely must have 2GB of RAM, the slightly older Gionee F205 is still around and sells for around ₦35,000 only.
Do not forget to have a look at our compilation of the cheapest 4G smartphones around this year.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.