Reports from CounterPoint have revealed some very interesting info concerning the market situation of mobile phones as of Q2, 2015. The report was gleaned from data tracked on 75 top vendor shipments that account for almost 90% of the total global smartphone volumes. Without further ado, let’s dive into the highlights:
- One of every five mobile phone shipped globally is a Samsung, with the brand grabbing a 21% hold of the global smartphone market
- Apple has a 14% global smartphone share
- The global mobile phone industry shipments grew 5%
- Middle East Africa was the fastest growing region up grew 7 times.
- One in two smartphones shipped globally now is LTE capable.
- Asus shipments grew 5X from a year ago to become fastest growing brand.
- Excluding Samsung, Apple now generates more smartphone revenues than the all other players combined.
There were other revelations too. In the mobile phone market share segment, Samsung tops at 19% followed by Apple at 10%.
Interestingly, in Middle East & Africa market, TECNO sits a joint second place with Nokia at 10%.
You can see the full infographic HERE.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.