You pick up your smartphone and get a prompt that says an update is available for your favourite app. You see immediately that it’s a 289MB download and excitement grips your heart about the new features it must be adding. You click to check the details of the update and see that it reads:
- Share to your social networks with fancy new share buttons
- Full stop now present at the end of every sentence
- Every noun is now capitalised
- The underline mark is now thinner, giving it a more classy look
- The name of your device [or app] has now been shortened to make it catchier and easy to say and write
- Other performance improvements
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.