Honor Play 8 Quick Specs: entry-level Android 9 Pie smartphone. Announced July 2019. Features a 5.71-inch LCD display, Helio A22 chipset, 5 MP selfie camera, 13 MP single rear camera, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 3020 mAh battery.
Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei. It is focused on budget smartphones and sells via online channels.
Honor Play 8 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + EMUI 9
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 157.2 X 76.25 X 8.05 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.71 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen with a waterdrop notch.
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Platic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.8 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio A22
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP single camera, f1.8 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 MP, f2.2 Aperture, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: No.
- Proximity Sensor:
- Ambient Light Sensor:
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner:
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control:
- Intelligent Digital Assistant:
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3020 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Standard Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: July 2019
- Market Availability: July 2019
Honor Play 8 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: China. Global.
- Price: $120 .CNY599. That is about NGN43,000.
It is available online from vendors like D.Phone, JD, Vmall, TMall, and Suning.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The Honor Play 8 is an entry-level Android smartphone with a $120 price tag. The specs and features are not bad at all for the price.
Honor Play 8 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Honor Play 8 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Honor Play 8 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!