Someone typed out a 160-character block of text in 25.94 seconds using SWYPE on a Galaxy S. Shortly after, another individual cranked out the same text on the standard keyboard of his iPhone 4 in less than 22 seconds. Here is the text:
the razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.
The question is: how fast can you type out that sentence?
Get someone to time you if you can’t handle that yourself (a timer is more accurate than the average clock or wrist watch), get out your mobile device and give it a go, then post your result/s here. Tell us:
- what device you used
- what text input you used e.g. T9, SWYPE, landscape onscreen QWERTY, etc
- your time record (or a list of all your readings)
Feel free to try as many times as possible and then post your best record. While we have no way of verifying that everyone will be truthful, what does anyone stand to gain by cheating on this? The purpose of this exercise is fun. The results presented here cannot be deemed scientific in any way as we each have different typing speeds and are used to different input media.
Let’s have some fun!
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019