Globacom’s Borrow Me Credit is a service that allows qualified users to request for airtime from Glo on loan when you have run out of airtime. The service allows you to borrow N50, N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 to be paid back on your next recharge within a specified period.
I have used both the manual and auto borrow aspects of the service. See my experience with the manual Borrow Me Credit here on MobilityArena.com: Borrow Me Credit.
Some months ago, I decided to give the auto recharge aspect a try as well. While it works, it has one annoying weakness: many times, there is a delay in Glo’s system and you don’t get credited with the airtime immediately. The whole idea behind auto borrow is that the user should have access to airtime when he needs it. Many times, the delay means that one still as to get airtime some other way first – and then the system credits your line later after the urgency is past. In other words, one is paying for a service that often doesn’t deliver when one needs it.
Eventually, I decided to disable the auto recharge feature. If I really need to borrow credit, I will do it manually. Here’s what to do to opt out of auto borrow.
Updated: To stop auto recharge on Borrow Me Credit
The service works around the *321# short code.
In the early days, to stop the auto recharge service, dial *321#, then press “1” for auto borrow, and then press “2” to cancel. Glo later changed the code. To do so now, simply dial *321*9*12#. You should get an SMS notifying you that you have successfully opted out of Auto Borrow service.
Don’t forget: dial *321*9*12#.
That’s it. Do share this post with your friends and networks using the share buttons below.
PS: Thanks to Kadiri for the updated information.
- how to cancel glo auto borrow
- how to pay back glo borrow me credit
- auto renewal of glo credit
- how do i opt out of borrow now
- glo bmd cancel
- how to stop glo borrow auto renewal
- how to deactivate glo borrow me credit
- how to stop glo borow me credit
- how to deactivate glo auto borrow
- how to pay back borrowed airtime on glo
- glo borrow me credit code pay back code
- stop borrow credit from glo code to dial
- how to stop glo auto borrow credit
- how to unsubscribe auto borrow from glo network
- code to stop borrow me credit on glo sim
- how to opted out on glo borrow me airtime
- how to cancel glo bmd
- glo cancel auto borrow
- glo code for deactivation of autoborrow
- how to use windows phone to borrow airtime