In a few simple steps:
- Buy a BlackBerry 10 smartphone (yes; stop hating)
- Buy a Glo SIM and pop it in
- Subscribe to Glo BlackBerry Complete (BBC) monthly plan at the cost of N1,000 for 3GB by dialing *777*21#
- Use the hotspot feature on the phone to share your internet with your PC and other WiFi-enabled devices
- If you use 3GB weekly, that’s N4,000 for 12GB monthly. If you use less than 3GB weekly, you pay even less
Thank me later.
No; you do not get superb speeds, but it is fair. The above speedtest result gives you a fair view of the kind of speed to expect if you peg your phone to 3G only. 1 – 2 Mbps download speeds isn’t bad. Do note that performance varies from location to location. It works everywhere there is Glo network coverage.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.