So you have a new BlackBerry smartphone with 99 (or 666) BlackBerry Messenger contacts, and you want to move your contacts from the old device to the new one without having to manually re-send a BBM request.
BlackBerry Messenger offers a Backup Management feature that makes this easy-peachy.
Backup from Current phone
Open BBM on your current phone, hit the menu button and scroll down to Options. Follow these steps:
Options – Backup Management – Back Up
Next page: select Back up files locally
Next page: Select Auto save**, then hit “Back up Now”
Next page: Save file to Media Card
**Auto Save means that your BBM Contacts list is backed up up automatically when changes are made to it.
Restore on new phone
On your new blackberry device, insert your media card, setup your BlackBerry service, and launch BlackBerry Messenger. Use the Menu button to find Options and follow these steps:
Options – Backup Management – Restore
Next page: select Restore using a backup file from media card
Next page: Select File – Just scroll down till you see a file named in the format “BBM-(12-03-23).con” The part in parenthesis is the date of the backup file. Choose the latest file and this will be restored to your BBM.
- how do i transfer my bbm contacts to a new phone
- how do i transfer bbm contacts to another phone
- how do i transfer my bbm contacts to a new bb without sending a request
- backup bbm chats with new phone
- transfer bbm account to new phone
- restore bbm contacts without invites
- transfer bbm profile to new phone