This post is for Infinix users that have mistakenly bricked their devices for one reason or the other. Especially users of the new Infinix Hot 2. I’ve received lots of complains – People trying to root and bricking their phones in the process. If you find yourself in such situations, here’s what you should do:
- Visit the Infinix Support website HERE.
- Go to Select Service and pick Software Updates.
- Go ahead to pick your device. In this case, we pick the Hot 2.
There are 2 methods to do the Restoration. With PC or Without PC
If you plan to download the software via your phone make sure you install MEGA app HERE, and register an account with them.
- Download the ROM file HERE .(It’s named update.zip) and place it on the root of your SD card. (Root means on the outside, not in any folder).
- Boot to recovery mode by pressing Power button and Volume + key simultaneously.
- Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to Enter.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card and navigate to where you kept the update.zip file.
- Press the Power button to select and allow it to automatically update the phone.
- The phone restarts and that’s all.
You can also download the guide HERE.
- Download and Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers HERE.
- Download the Update guide HERE.
- Download the Infinix Flash tools HERE.
You’ll notice there are two ROMs available for the Hot 2.
The first one HERE, is the Android 5.1 ROM from Infinix. It has extra features like Font Changer, Hot Knot, Miravision and some extra apps.
The second one HERE, is the Android One ROM from Infinix. This is the one we’re all familiar with, and on this one, we’re sure of direct updates from Google.
First off all, install the VCOM drivers, then follow the guide religiously, and you’ll be fine. Make sure to buzz me if you encounter any issues.
Many thanks to Notiki Bello for the tip.