This is my first Android tip of the week. It is a simple and straight forward tip which some already use, while many are still not aware of it. This is a “non-pincode” top-notch security feature. It is more valued by those who want to lock their device without making use of pin codes and the default swipe gesture.
You can decide to lock your device using the traditional lock code feature, punching codes (especially if it’s more than 4 digits) on my screen is work for me.
There are numerous Security apps in the Android Market that have their own custom lock pattern creator, but I prefer to work with the in-built feature. I might be testing some of them out soon for review purposes, though.
So, Android’s custom lock pattern allows you to create your own Lock pattern instead of the default swipe pattern. The Custom Lock Pattern option works by simply connecting dots (by sliding) to form a lock pattern.
- Navigate to “Settings” and Select “Security”
- Then select Unlock pattern to set your custom lock pattern.
- Read the instructions on the screen and click/tap Next
- Watch the example pattern and click/tap Next
- Draw your personal unlock pattern. Then click/tap Continue
- Draw the pattern again to confirm. Then click/tap Confirm
Please Note that the above instructions may not appear exactly as presented above on your own device; but the process is the same for most Android smartphones and tablets.
There many more Android tips coming your way on Mobility. Be sure to stay connected!