Generally, Windows PC’s support various USB modes for Android devices. In newer Android devices, the standard is the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and this still works with Windows PC’s. Problems begin when you migrate to a Mac PC. Traditionally, Mac doesn’t support MTP protocol, so you won’t be able to transfer files to your Mac. Your phone storage is inaccessible to the Mac.
This is where an app called Android File Transfer comes to the rescue. This app seamlessly helps you transfer files to and from your Mac and Android device. Here’s how to use it:
- Download the app HERE.
- Open the file androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Drag the Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Now connect your Andriod to your Mac PC using a USB cable.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and do what you wish.
Thanks to UncleDara for sending this in.