Africa is one of BBM’s strongest markets and the cross-platform BlackBerry Messenger app (available on Android, iOS, Windows, and BB) continues to generate buzz here. BlackBerry has released some facts about the app.
– 22 million registered users.
– Over 17,000 installs daily.
– 400,000 BBM Channels created so far.
– Top two markets are Nigeria and South Africa.
– Just below 10 million visits to the BBM Shop per month.
– Over 26 million ad requests per day.
It would have been nice to have figures for active users and not just registered users, but these are all we have for now.