Huawei P30 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6.1-inch waterdrop display, HUAWEI Kirin 980 chipset, 32 MP selfie camera, 40 MP + 16 MP + 8 MP Leica Triple Camera, up to 8 GB RAM, up to 256 GB internal memory, and a 3650 mAh battery.
Huawei P30 is most of the advanced features of the P30 Pro in a more compact form.
Huawei P30 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700/ 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 6(900) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 9(1800) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + EMUI 9.1
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 149.1 X 71.36 X 7.57 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Display: 6.1 inches, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, OLED screen with Aluminosilicate glass protection.
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor. In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor. Gyroscope. Compass. Proximity Sensor. Gravity Sensor. Hall Sensor. Laser Sensor. Colour Temperature Sensor.
- Physical Build: Aluminium frame with glass front and back panels. IP53 water and dust resistance.
- Colours: Amber Sunrise. Breathing Crystal. Pearl white. Aurora. Black.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.6 GHz, Octa-core Cortex-A76
- Processor Name: HUAWEI Kirin 980
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128 GB / 256GB
- External Storage: nanoSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 40 MP + 16 MP + 8 MP Leica Triple Camera, laser autofocus, OIS, dual LED flash, 4k @30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v3.1; Type-C.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3650 mAh
- Battery Charging: 22.5W HUAWEI SuperCharge
- Announced: March 2019
- Market Availability: March 2019
Huawei P30 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Europe. Nigeria. India. Kenya. Ghana.
- Price: EUR 799. The 8GB variant sells for about ₦200,000 in Nigeria and Rs 62,250 in India.
What are the differences between Huawei P30 and P30 Pro?
While both phones share the same HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor and RAM options of 6GB and 8GB, there are some key differences between them. Those differences include:
- Huawei P30 Pro has a bigger display of size 6.47″ instead of the P30’s 6.1″. They both have the same display resolution, which means that the Huawei P30 has a higher PPI density;
- P30 Pro has an IP68 dust/water resistant rating instead of the P30’s IP53;
- The P30 Pro has a quad camera behind, while the P30 has a triple camera;
- The P30 Pro does not have a 3,5mm headphone jack, while the P30 has;
- The P30 lacks an infra-red port, which the Pro version has;
- The P30 Pro has a bigger battery (4200mAh), faster quick charging (40W), fast wireless charging, as well as reverse wireless charging. P30 has a 3650mAh battery coupled with 22.5W fast charging.
Huawei P30 Buyer’s Guide
If you want the beauty and power of the Huawei P30 Pro flagship, but at a smaller size and with a camera that almost matches it, the P30 is what you want to buy. It is solid value for money.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Huawei P30 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Huawei P30 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This page will be updated with our review rating, as well as the link to the review page, as soon as we have reviewed one.
Huawei P30 News & Updates
June 2019: Huawei P30 series devices hit the 10 million sales mark – in less than 3 months after launch.
August 2019: Huawei Mobile announced that the P30 and P30 Pro will be the first to get EMUI 10 based on Android Q in early September 2019.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Huawei P30 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.