Huawei P40 Pro PE Quick Specs: Android smartphone. Expected March 2020. Features 6.7-inch AMOLED display, Hisilicon Kirin 990 chipset, 32MP punch-hole selfie camera, 64MP Leica penta camera, 12 GB RAM, up to 256 GB internal memory, and a 4500 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. Huawei P40 Pro PE is a 2020 flagship of the Chinese manufacturer. While the Huawei P40 has a triple camera and the P40 Pro a quad camera, the P40 pro PE has a penta camera. All three smartphones are expected to hit the market in March 2020 running Android (AOSP) 10 + EMUI 10, but without Google Mobile Services.
Huawei P40 Pro PE Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 6(900) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 9(1800) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android Open Source Project 10 + EMUI 10
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.7 inches, 3400 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass.
- Colours: Black, Blush Gold, Silver Frost, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White.
- Physical Build: Glass front and back
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.8 GHz Octa-core
- Processor Name: Hisilicon Kirin 990
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-G76 MP16 GPU clcoked at up to 700 MHz
- RAM: 12 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 64MP Sony IMX686 primary sensor + a 20MP ultra-angle-wide lens + 12MP periscope telephoto lens + macro lens + 3D ToF, Leica, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1. Type-C.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: Fast charging
- Wireless Charging: Yes.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Number: N/A
Huawei P40 Pro PE Price and Launch Date
- Announced: March 2020
- Release Date: 2020
- Country Availability: China.
- Price: .
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Huawei P40 Pro PE Review Rating
We are yet to review the Huawei P40 Pro PE and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Huawei P40 Pro PE are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.