Finally, the much awaited Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich were officially announced in Hong Kong about 2 hours ago. The Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to run the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy Nexus “is the very first smartphone with an HD super AMOLED display, measuring at 4.65 inches boasting the resolution of 720×1280”.
Below are quick specifications of the Galaxy Nexus:
- Dimension: 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
- Display: Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Oleophobic surface, Multi-touch input method, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Three-axis gyro sensor.
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592×1936 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Touch focus. The camera is capable of shooting 1080p video.
- 1.3 Mega Pixel Front Camera
- CPU: Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9
- Face Unlock: Google says “you can now unlock your phone with a smile”
- Android Beam which allows you to share contact, websites, apps with other people by simply holding two NFC enabled Android Phones close to each other and then touch to beam and share.
- Instant Voice Typing
- Single-Motion Panoramic Camera
- Storage: 16GB/32GB
- RAM: 1GB
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n dual band
- 4G (LTE or HSPA+ depending on the location)
- Launch: early November for US, Europe and Asia.
Samsung has not given any information as regards the carriers and how much the Galaxy Nexus will cost.
They need to announce pricing quick, so I can start saving for this? Or perhaps I should start a 21-day fasting to pray for it to come as an early Christmas gift.