If you get a lot of iCloud Calendar spam invites on your iPhone, you must be looking for a way to stop them. These unwanted invites are seriously annoying, and a lot of them mean absolutely nothing to you. However, there’s no simple way to ignore them through iCloud or Calendar.
This does not mean that there’s nothing you can do. There are a lot of options you can try to stop iCloud Calendar spam invites. You could try the following:
USE ICLOUD TO STOP CALENDAR SPAM NOTIFICATIONS
This will redirect your spam notifications to your email, which has better spam management. Here’s what to do:
- Go to iCloud.com and select Calendar.
- Click on the gear icon and select Preferences > Advanced > Invitations, then check the box that says Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, then click Save.
MOVE CALENDAR SPAM INVITES INSIDE A SPAM CALENDAR AND DELETE
This needs to be done every time you get a spam invite. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Calendar app on your iPhone.
- Make a new calendar and name it Spam Calendar.
- Select all the spam invites and place them in your new calendar. Then delete that calendar.
- When a popup comes up, select Delete and Don’t Notify.
- Whenever new spam invites come up, repeat this action.
DECLINE THE SPAM INVITE
This option lets you simply decline the invite. However, it lets the sender of the spam know that your account is active. This could lead to more spam in the future. But if you don’t mind, you can just click on Decline whenever an iCloud Calendar spam invite comes in.