The iPhone has a great camera, as everyone probably knows by now. This means that the pictures and videos captured with the iPhone tend to be large in size, and the better the camera, the larger the file size. Eventually, one would have to create more space on their iPhone. One way to do that is to import videos from your iPhone to a Mac. This is relatively quick and easy to do.
HOW TO IMPORT VIDEOS WITH PHOTOS
This is simple. Just open the Photos app that comes preinstalled on your Mac. The Photos app is Apple’s replacement for iPhoto, and it is intuitive and easy to understand. Therefore, transferring photos and videos to your Mac should be a breeze. Just follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac and launch the Photos app
- Select Your iPhone from the left-hand menu
- Select the videos you want to import from the resulting list of thumbnails
- If you want to delete the videos from your iPhone after importing, select Delete Items after Import in the upper-right corner.
- Click the Import Selection button in the upper-right corner. Then click on Videos in the left-hand men to see your imports.
HOW TO IMPORT VIDEOS WITH ICLOUD
- Open System Preferences and click the iCloud icon.
- Log in to your iCloud account, if prompted. Then check the box directly beside Photos.
Once iCloud is enabled, videos will be automatically synced and added to your photo library.
HOW TO IMPORT VIDEOS USING ICLOUD.COM
To do this, visit iCloud.com using any browser. Then select Photos from the list of available apps, select Videos from the left-hand menu, select the videos you want to import, then click on Download.
HOW TO IMPORT VIDEOS USING AIRDROP
AirDrop is a recent addition to both MacOS and iOS. It allows you to share content from apps such as Safari, Contacts and Photos with just a few taps. It makes use of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to send content, therefore both connections need to be active on your iPhone an Mac before you proceed. To import videos using AirDrop,
- Open Finder on your Mac, click Go in the application toolbar at the topm then select AirDrop from the list of options.
- At the bottom of the AirDrop window, choose whether you want to receive contacts from Contacts Only or Everyone. You can change this anytime y clicking the blue link
- Swipe up on your iPhone to make sure that AirDrop is turned on.
- Now, select the video you want to share and tap on the Share icon on your iPhone. Then select your Mac from the list of available devices. After that, click on Accept on your Mac, if prompted.