This is InfinixMobility’s first smartphone with an 18:9 aspect ratio, FullView display. A FullView display is one with very thin bezels. The Hot S3 comes in two variants, the regular Infinix Hot S3 (Infinix X573) and the Hot S3 Pro. For some reason, the manufacturer has inserted the “Hot” back in the naming scheme of this series. Last year’s models, Infinix S2 and S2 Pro, did not have “Hot”in their names.
Both models are exactly the same design and size. The differences happen under the hood.
They both share the Snapdragon 430 processor but while the Infinix Hot S3 has 3 GB RAM, the Hot S3 Pro is even more generous with 4 GB RAM. This means that you will experience better app switching and multitasking with the Pro version.
The Hot S3 has 32 GB internal storage while the Hot S3 Pro has 64 GB. Unless you are in the habit of recording videos of everything you see and downloading all the movies and series in the world to your phone, you will be mostly fine with the internal storage of either phone.
Both the Hot S3 and Hot S3 Pro also share the same 20 megapixels selfie camera and beefy 4000 mAh battery, which should guarantee very good battery life.
The Infinix Hot S3 and Hot S3 Pro both support 4G LTE for fast mobile data, both have a fingerprint sensor, and also run Android 8 Oreo, the latest Android software from Google.
The devices were first launched in India.
Infinix Hot S3 / S3 Pro Specs and Price
Find below all the technical details, specs and features of both models below.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE frequency bands + VoLTE 1( 2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual Micro-SIM
- Software / OS: Android 8 Oreo + XOS Hummingbird V3.0
Design, Appearance, and Physical Build
- Dimensions: 152.3 x 72.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Display: 5.65 inches, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Plastic unibody
- Colours: Sandstone Black. Brush Gold.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB (Pro)
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB (Pro)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, auto-focus, dual-LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing camera: 20 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Charging: Regular Charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable 4000mAh
- Announced: February 6, 2018
- Availability: February 12, 2018
- Smartphone Price: NGN62,000 / Rs. 8,999 / $143); Rs. 10,999 / $175
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information about Infinix Hot S3 and Hot S3 Pro (X573) mobile phone on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specifications of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.