Infinix Note 5 is the successor to Infinix Note 4 from 2017, and it is the manufacturer’s first AI-enhanced smartphone. Artificial intelligence (AI) is the rave these days, and more smartphone manufacturers are bringing smarter functions to their devices that way. The Pro variant (Infinix X504) is the more endowed of the two, as it offers more RAM and storage.
Both devices have a 6-inch Infinity Display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood of the standard Note 5 is is 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal storage, while the Pro version has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage.
As is standard with Infinix Note devices, the battery has a beefy capacity, this time 4,500 mAh. People who want a smartphone with solid battery life will love both smartphone variants. The manufacturer also says that the built-in AI learns when and how you use your Note5 device and adjusts battery use accordingly.
The cameras are also AI-enhanced for auto scenes detection. The front-facing selfie camera is a 16-megapixel snapper, while the main camera on the back of the device has a 12-megapixel sensor with LED flash. It will be interesting to see the output from both cameras. The Infinix Note 5 duo are being marketed heavily as capable camera phones.
Lastly, it is important to specify that these phones run stock Android 8 Oreo. Yes; these are Android One smartphones. XOS will not be found running on them.
Infinix Note 5 Pro Specs, Features and Price
Find below the detailed Note5 Pro specs, as well as its availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500).
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- Software / OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Android One)
Design and Physical Build
- Dimensions: 158 x 75 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 173 g
- Display: 6.0 inches, 1080 × 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Polycarbonate
- Colours: Blue. Grey. Black
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-G71 770MHz
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB (Pro)
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB (Pro)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels, f/2.0, auto-focus, AI auto scenes detection, Dual LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 16 megapixels, AI auto scenes detection, LED flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Charging: XCharge: 18W Fast Battery Charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4500mAh with AI Power Management
- Announced: June 24, 2018
- Availability: June 2018
- Infinix Note 5 Price: Ksh 18.000 in Kenya; N61,000 in Nigeria
Where To Buy Infinix Note 5
You will be able to buy both Infinix Note5 and Note 5 Pro variants from phone retailers – both off-line and online – in the various countries, including Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, and others.
Infinix Note 5 Android 9 Pie Update
February 2019: Infinix Mobility officially rolled out a stable Android 9 Pie update to the Infinix Note 5. The softweare updates adds the following improvements:
- Upgraded adaptive battery function
- Upgraded screen brightness adaptive features
- Updated with more concise and intelligent navigation function
- Recommended apps based on your context
- Updated to latest security patch 201901
- Other performance enhancements
To check if the update is available for your device, on your Infinix Note 5, go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Update. Whenever it is available, proceed to download and install it.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about Infinix Note 5 are 100% correct.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.