Infinix S5 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone. Codenamed Infinix X652, this mid-range droid features a 6.6-inch punch hole display, Mediatek Helio P22 chipset, 32 MP selfie camera, 16MP + 5MP + 2MP + 0.8MP rear quad camera, up to 6 GB RAM, up to 128 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. Infinix S5 is the successor to Infinix S4 that was launched in April 2019. Onlookers and fans of the brand were surprised at the quick succession., especially as it does not bring any huge improvements. It has got a bigger screen, a punch hole display, quad camera instead of triple cam, and bigger internal storage. Other than these minor differences, the two are mostly the same.
Infinix S5 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + XOS 5.5.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.6 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD curved glass screen with a punch hole
- Colours: Quetzal Cyan. Violet. Black.
- Physical Build: Polycarbonate with glossy gradient finish.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 2.0 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek 6762 (Helio P22)
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 5MP + 2MP + 0.8MP quad camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED ring flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, f2.0 Aperture, LED Flash, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS,
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: Infinix X652
Infinix S5 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: October 15, 2019
- Release Date: November 19, 2019
- Country Availability: Nigeria. Ghana. India. Pakistan.
- Price: INR8,999 or $125 (€115). The 6/128GB variant has a recommended retail price of ₦62,500 in Nigeria. The lower 4/64GB storage variant costs ₦53,000.
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about Infinix X652 S5
Here are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this mid-range droid.
Does Infinix S5 have fingerprint reader?
Yes; Infinix Mobility’s S5 has a fingerprint scanner that is located at the back of the phone.
Does Infinix S5 have Face Unlock?
In addition to having a fingerprint scanner at the back, Infinix S5 has Face Unlock, giving you the option of choosing to unlock the phone with your face.
Does Infinix S5 have front flash?
Infinix S5 has a 32MP front camera for taking selfies. The selfie camera is embedded in a punch hole on the screen and does not have LED flash but uses screen flash for low-light photographs.
What is the price of Infinix S5?
Infinix S5 is an affordable mid-range smartphone with decent features and specs. The 4GB RAM variant costs ₦53,000, while the 6GB RAM variant sells for as high as ₦65,000.
Does Infinix S5 have Gorilla Glass?
Infinix Mobility makes no mention of Gorilla Glass protection for the S5’s display, so it is presumed that it does not have it.
Does Infinix S5 have Wireless Charging?
No; Infinix S5 does not have wireless charging or reverse charging.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The value that Infinix S5 delivers is unprecedented – a smartphone with 128GB internal memory and 6GB RAM at the cost of less than ₦70,000. And then there is a 4000mAh battery plus 10W fast charging, triple rear camera, as well as a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The 4GB RAM + 64GB variant is good value too.In all, the Infinix S5 looks like solid value for your money.
If you already own the S4, this isn’t much of an upgrade and you can safely ignore it. However, if you were looking to buy the Infinix S4, the S5 is worth having a look at, especially as there is no huge variation in the prices.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Infinix S5 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Infinix S5 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Infinix S5 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!