It is the Zero 5 vs Phantom 8. TECNO Phantom 8 and Infinix Zero 5 are so similar in terms of specs and features that MobilityArena had to produce this Infinix Zero 5 versus TECNO Phantom 8 comparison feature article.
The 2017 flagship release cycle of brands under Transsion Holding is complete. We have seen the iTel S32, TECNO’s Phantom 8, and now Infinix Mobility’s Zero 5. None of the trio have given us a bezel-less smartphone this year (here are 12 bezel-less smartphones you can buy though, if you are looking to get one).
What is now very intriguing is how similar both the Phantom 8 and Infinix Zero 5 are in terms of specs and features. So, we give you our latest short movie, Infinix Zero 5 versus TECNO Phantom 8.
Infinix Zero 5 versus TECNO Phantom 8: The Differences
We are calling this a differences table, because the two phones are so similar in many respects that it is easier to highlight the few differences than it is to compare major features. For that reason, we ended up with a short table. Have a look:
|Item||Infinix Zero 5||TECNO Phantom 8|
|Display/Screen Size||5.98 inches||5.7 inches|
|Internal Storage||Pro version has 128 GB (regular version has 64 GB only)||64 GB only|
|Selfie Camera||16 megapixels||20 megapixels|
|Battery||4,350 mAh + Fast Charge||3,500 mAh + Fast Charge|
|Price||AED 1199||AED 1399 / NGN128,000|
See? The above items are the major differences between the two phones. There is one more key difference though, that borders on personal taste: the phones’ designs and appearances.
Infinix Zero 5 versus TECNO Phantom 8: Differences In Appearance
While both smartphones have metal unibody, the TECNO Phantom 8’s “diamond fire” design gives off the visual impression of a glossy material, while the Infinix Zero 5 has a more traditional premium metal appearance. It is a question of what works for you.
Zero 5 vs Phantom 8: Key Similarities
Having gone through the major differences, it doesn’t hurt to also list out the key items that both phones share. And here we spell out the key similarities between the two devices
- Same rear dual camera configuration: 12 megapixels wide-angle + 13 megapixels telephoto, f/2.0 large aperture, Sony IMX386, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), Laser auto focus, Optical Zoom, dual LED flash
- Metal unibody
- Octa-core, Mediatek Helio P25 processor clocked at 2.6 GHz
- 6 GB RAM
- 1920 x 1080 pixel screen resolution (note that because the Zero 5 has a bigger display, this gives the Phantom 8 a very small advantage in terms of screen density)
Why does it feel to me like Transsion’s CEO called the CEOs of TECNO Mobile and Infinix Mobile to a meeting, sat them down and said, “Look, guys; we need to squeeze as much out of our combined resources to leverage economies of scale this year. We will buy shiploads of Helio P25 chips, 6 GB RAM modules, and Sony’s IMX386 lenses. You boys can play with them as you like. Just design something distinct enough to make sure the handsets are different”?
Because that is what it feels like.
If You Had To Choose?
Looking at the differences, it is my opinion that the Infinix Zero 5 is more value for money than the Phantom 8. Let’s see why:
- Slightly bigger display
- Bigger internal storage option (Pro version)
- Significantly bigger battery
- Lower selling price
The only feature in which the Phantom 8 has an edge is the 20 megapixels selfie camera – and that may as well only be on paper. Real life camera performance may not follow the megapixel count.
Ultimately, which of the two Transsion flagship smartphones you will personally prefer might boil down to design or which of the two brands you are a fan of. So, what is your call?
- phantom 8
- techno phantom 8 vs infinix zero 5
- tecno 8+
- difference between phantom 8 and infinix zero
- compare infinix zero 5 and itel s32 dual selfie
- phantom 8+
- infinix zoro 5 vs phantom 8
- phantom 8 vs infinix note 5
- infinix note 5 vs tecno phattom
- tecno zero 5
- itel s32
- phantom 8 full specifications
- does infinix note 5 have image stabilization
- techno zero
- note 5 and tecno phatom camera
- tecno phantom 8
- infinix zero 5 vs other flagships of 2017
- infinix zero 5 pro vs tecno phantom 8