The Innjoo i1s (specifications | review)made a great impression when it arrived over a month ago. It turned out to be a wonder phone of sorts, offering some serious specifications at a rock bottom price. But barely was the i1s out on the street and Innjoo was out with its more powerful sibling, the i2.
So what improvements has the i2 brought to the table?
- while the screen size is the same, the i2 has better resolution at 720 x 1280 pixels against the i1s’854 x 480 pixels. It is also a 5-point capacitive touchscreen against the i1s 2-point screen
- the i2 packs a 1.4 GHz octa-core processor (that’s 8 cores) versus its predecessor’s 1.3 quad-core (4 cores) processor
- for graphics intensive tasks, such as gaming, the i2 has a Mali 450-MP4 GPU (graphics processing unit compared to the i1s’ older Mali 400-MP2
- the i2 camera has dual LED flash, while the i1s has a single LED flash
- and lastly, the i2’s front-facing camera is a 2 megapixel piece, bumped up from the 0.3 megapixel unit on the i1s.
Specifications wise, those are the differences between the Innjoo i2 and its older sibling, i1s. The differences are significant enough, in my opinion. Will there be software differences? I sure hope so, because despite the differences, both are powered by a 1900 mAh battery. Perhaps some software optimisation will enable the i2 squeeze more time out of the same battery? We will find out when the Innjoo i2 arrives MOBILITY Towers later today.