- Same physical design and dimensions
- Same 640 x 960 pixels, 3.5 inches (~330 ppi pixel density) display
- Camera upgraded to 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, with LED flash
- Video recording upgraded to 1080p
- Processor upgraded to 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 (Apple A5 chipset), with PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU
- Runs on both GSM and CDMA
Almost everyone is agreed that this device is meh. Still, its an iPhone. Fans, go get one.
In the meantime, dear Lord, please send me a Nokia N9 like yesterday. Oh, yes; Apple claims that the iPhone 4S camera is faster than the one on the N9 (currently acclaimed as the fastest). That will be a fun comparison.
Nokia’s imaging guru, Damian Dining, has stated that the N9’s 8mp f/2.2 28mm Carl Zeiss optics plus true 16:9 capture is the most advanced 8mp smartphone camera. Does the iPhone 4S measure up?
The iPhone 4S will start selling on October 14.