Do you need to speak to several people at once, but cannot arrange a face-to-face meeting? You can do a conference call. You can connect up to 5 people in one call using your iPhone. Note that the steps are similar for making a conference call on most other phones too, whether they are Android, BlackBerry, Windows or other. Here are steps to follow to make an iPhone conference call:
- First, call one of the participants using the Dialer on your phone.
- Inform your first participant that you will be adding more people to the call.
- Tap on the Add Call button. The first call will be put on hold.
- Add the next participant
- Repeat the process till you have added all participants.
- when you are done adding participants, tap on Merge Calls. This will bring all the participants together in the same call.
Note that you can receive an incoming call while on a conference call. Just tap Hold & Accept. If you want to add the caller to the conference call, tap on Merge calls. Also, tap on the blue “I” to see the participants of the iPhone conference call. If you want to remove someone from the conversation, tap End. If you want to talk to a participant in private, tap Private.
Furthermore, you can mute your voice during the conversation, so you can hear others but they can’t hear you. Tap Mute to do that. Also, you can enable speaker mode by tapping Speaker. When this is activated, you can minimize the call and go to the Home screen.