Android manufacturers should be embarassed for letting Apple get away with this year after year. The iPhone X hasnt sold as much as was projected, yet in Q4 2017, it made 5 times more profit than the combined profit of over 600 Android manufacturers.
That is 35% of total mobile phone industry profits for that quarter. It is scandalous, to be honest. One device. A single device.
More Highlights From Q4 2017
- Apple remained the most profitable brand, capturing 86% of the total handset market profits
- Further splitting profits by model, the top 10 models captured 90% of the total handset profits.
- Apple and Samsung flagship models, lead in terms of profits as compared to other OEMs.
- Apple’s older generation iPhones, iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 still generate more profit than some of the more recent Android flagships from key Chinese OEMs.
- Huawei led all the Chinese brands, with profit increasing 59% YoY.
- iphone x